Date: Friday, April 8, 2015
Time: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Place: Bingemans Conference Centre, Kitchener
Cost: $110 early-bird rate by March 25th (includes lunch & dinner); $90 for farm organization members (OFA, CFFO, NFU); $60 student
The 12th annual Ontario Farmland Forum supports and facilitates cross-sector dialogue about how we can work together to strengthen farmland and agricultural planning, policy development, and grassroots, permanent land protection initiatives in Ontario.
This year’s Forum features presentations & discussion following two streams: farmland policy and hands-on farmland protection:
– Protection of Ontario Farmland & Agriculture: A Provincial Priority
– Farmland Protection in Practice: On-the-Ground Examples of Effective and Progressive Policy Implementation
– Farmland Conservation in Ontario: Case Studies of Leading Land Protection Initiatives
– Toward a Regional Land Trust in Waterloo: A Collaborative Community Dialogue
– Ontario’s Cap & Trade Initiative: Connections to Land Conservation
– Inspiring Land Protection Stories and Collaborations from the U.S.