The 2016 BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition invites worldwide researchers to submit proposals for a research project on food and sustainability.
Due July 27, 2016. Top ten proposals invited to present in Milan, November 2016.
The BCFN Foundation focuses on young talents by supporting higher education and interdisciplinary research, to advance the knowledge base in food and sustainability. The BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition invites young talents [under 35] to submit proposals for a research grant of 20,000 euro.
It is provided for PhD and postdoc students, participating as individual or as a team. The BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition encourages the participation of teams from different disciplines and/or countries who wish to combine their expertise in innovative approaches.
Potential Topic Areas
The BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition offers the opportunity to put into action concrete proposals that will have the objective of making more sustainable one or more themes of the agri-food system (in terms of environmental, social, health and/or economic aspects). Among others, we consider the following areas of particular interest:
– Sustainable and healthy diets;
– Urban food systems and policies;
– Resilient agriculture, land use change and agroecology;
– The nexus between climate change, energy and food;
– Sustainable water management;
– Food supply chains;
– Ecosystems and ecosystem services;
– Healthy lifestyles;
– Food waste reduction;
– Food policy development;
– Food security: availability, access, utilisation, stability;
– Communication technologies and networks;
– Youth and women’s involvement in agriculture